1. Participants understand the importance of policy communications and different means to
communicate their work to generate policy impacts.
2. Participants learn how to write a policy brief (in English) to reach out to policy audiences (at
3. Participants learn useful tips and suggestions and look at some sample policy briefs to learn
about messaging and actionable recommendations.
Project team lead and/or members including early career researchers who are involved in formulation of policy brief, and communications for policy engagement.
1. Rajesh Daniel, Coordinator of Communications Component, SUMERNET Secretariat
2. Pheakkdey Nguon, Forest Governance Expert, European Forest Institute
3. Variya Plungwatana, Communications Assistant, SUMERNET Secretariat
4. Sushmita Mandal, Coordinator of Research for Policy and Practice Component, SUMERNET
Pullman Bangkok Hotel G (BALLROOM 38, 38th floor), Bangkok, Thailand and Online (Zoom)